- Most Panel upgrades are done for one of two reasons- either the panel is unsafe and failing or more capacity is needed for Solar or additional load.
- Fuse boxes, Federal Pacific panels or Zinsco panels have known problems and hazards associated with them. If you have one you should plan on upgrading soon!
Things to consider
- Panel changes require coordination with the city or county and the utility company. Their schedule usually dictates our schedule.
- The power will typically by shut off from approximately 8 am to 4 pm the day the work is done.
- Increasing the amperage of the panel requires approval from the utility and may incur additional charges with them.
- Panel upgrades vary a lot so please contact us for a free personalized quote!